This action-comedy directed by Chris Columbus is based on the original short film of the same name by Patrick Jean. President Will Cooper is forced to call on his childhood best friend to lead a team of old-school arcaders to fend off the aliens who have misinterpreted video-feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war against them. Monaghan plays the team`s unique weapons specialist.
: Malay / Chinese
: 13 Aug 2015
: Comedy / Science Fiction
1 Hour 46 Minutes
: Sony Pictures Entertainment
, Brian Cox
: 2D, 3D, 2D ATMOS, 2D ATMOS D-BOX, 2D AURO
Watch this if you liked:
The Good, the Bad and the Pixelated Saviour:
• The film is like "Wreck-it Ralph" meets "Ghostbusters" in an Adam Sandler-style disaster film.
• Fans of retro '80s games might enjoy the movie, but might also get turned off by the typical Adam Sandler's jokes that are unfortunately no longer working their magic.
• The movie has a really interesting premise, but some parts of the movie are not coherent.
• The only point that makes the movie worth watching is the beautiful visuals which is really a sight to see, and also the wonderful performance by Peter Dinklage.
• Also, the smart use of camera movements will make audience feel as though they are in the movie themselves.
• The creator of Pac-Man, Toru Iwatani, made a cameo appearance in the movie, but Denis Akiyama plays a fictionalized version of him because Iwatani cannot speak English.
Cinema Online, 04 August 2015
Tom Cruise to build a village so "Mission: Impossible 7" can resume filming?
Production on the movie was halted earlier this year due to the pandemic
Farid Kamil sentenced to 13 months in prison
The actor is found guilty of using criminal force on a police officer
Reen Rahim expresses excitement over working with 'otai' comedians
"Syif Malam Raya" is the actress' latest film, which made its premiere recently
Henry Golding calls out Miss Universe Malaysia's racist remarks
Even the "Crazy Rich Asians" star is angered by Samantha Katie James' comments
Is Evan Peters reprising Quicksilver role for "WandaVision"?
Peters is well known for his portrayal of the speedy superhero in "X-Men" movies
That viral 'Fizi scene' in "Upin Ipin" was intentional
Les' Copaque said that it was based on children's way of thinking in real life
See All News
Select Area / All Area
Select Cinema / All Cinemas
Select Movie / All Movies
Using a smaller screen?
Click here to view our old desktop layout.
- General viewing for all ages
- Parental guidance is advisable for children below 13 years old
- For 18+ with elements for mature audiences
[View full list]
You can now proceed to book tickets at Legend Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.