Adapted from William Shakespeare`s famous play of the same name, the film tells the story of a courageous Scottish general named Macbeth who killed King Duncan in order to claim the royal throne of Scotland. Feeling guilty and restless of his actions, Macbeth commits more murders in order to protect himself from suspicion. As more blood is spilled, Macbeth and his wife fall into the realms of arrogance, madness, and death.
: 7 Jan 2016
1 Hour 53 Minutes
: TGV Pictures
, Sean Harris, Elizabeth Debicki
: Justin Kurzel
Watch this if you liked:
The Good, the Bad and the Power-Seeking Greed:
• A fantastic adaptation of Shakespeare's iconic tragedy, the film is truly well-crafted and epic thanks to the direction from Justin Kurzel.
• Featuring a gripping and intense plot that was beautifully shot by awe-inspiring cinematography and camerawork.
• Unforgettable performances by Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotilard, Paddy Considine, Sean Harris and more.
• The Shakespearian dialogues were effectively used and were backed-up by powerful background music that added more impact to the film.
• The film did justice to the original play.
• At the 68th Cannes Film Festival, the film received a 10-minute standing ovation from the audience at the end of its screening.
Cinema Online, 17 December 2015
Hollywood shows support for "Star Wars" star John Boyega
Boyega recently made a passionate speech during a Black Lives Matter protest in London
SeaShorts Film Festival 2020 to be held online
This year's edition will run in a virtual capacity when the film festival returns this August
Studio Ghibli's first CG-animated film selected by Cannes Film Festival
Details on the new Hayao Miyazaki film now emerge after kept secret since 2019
Tom Cruise to build a village so "Mission: Impossible 7" can resume filming?
Production on the movie was halted earlier this year due to the pandemic
Farid Kamil sentenced to 13 months in prison
The actor is found guilty of using criminal force on a police officer
Henry Golding calls out Miss Universe Malaysia's racist remarks
Even the "Crazy Rich Asians" star is angered by Samantha Katie James' comments
See All News
Select Area / All Area
Select Cinema / All Cinemas
Select Movie / All Movies
Using a smaller screen?
Click here to view our old desktop layout.
- General viewing for all ages
- Parental guidance is advisable for children below 13 years old
- For 18+ with elements for mature audiences
[View full list]
You can now proceed to book tickets at Legend Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.