Kubo And The Two Strings
Set in ancient Japan, a young boy named Kubo lives a quiet and normal life in a small village by the shore, until a spirit from the past appears and wreaks havoc in his life by re-igniting an age-old vendetta. This causes the gods and monsters to chase after Kubo. In order to survive, Kubo must find a magical suit of armour which was once worn by his late father, a legendary Samurai warrior.
: 25 Aug 2016
1 Hour 41 Minutes
: United International Pictures
: Art Parkinson,
, Brenda Vaccaro
: Travis Knight
Watch this if you liked:
"Coraline" and "The Little Prince"
The Good, The Bad and The Two Strings:
• Fans of Laika's stop-motion animation like "Coraline, "ParaNorman" and "The Boxtrolls" would highly appreciate "Kubo and the Two Strings" due to its amazing animation style Laika is becoming recognised for.
• The storyline of the film which infuses a Japanese folk tale style and the art of origami is very deep and meaningful as it significantly deals with the themes of loss and acceptance, which is a rarity for an animation to deliver such a poignant message.
• Although the beginning might deceivingly start off at a slow somber pace, it slowly picks up and shifts into a 'treasure hunt' style story.
• The voice cast has been assigned perfectly, especially the unexpected Matthew McConaughey as the Samurai Beetle who delivers plenty of laughs with his character, where Charlize Theron as the Monkey keeps the mission rooted to reality with her authoritative character.
Cinema Online, 14 September 2016
Hollywood shows support for "Star Wars" star John Boyega
Boyega recently made a passionate speech during a Black Lives Matter protest in London
SeaShorts Film Festival 2020 to be held online
This year's edition will run in a virtual capacity when the film festival returns this August
Studio Ghibli's first CG-animated film selected by Cannes Film Festival
Details on the new Hayao Miyazaki film now emerge after kept secret since 2019
Tom Cruise to build a village so "Mission: Impossible 7" can resume filming?
Production on the movie was halted earlier this year due to the pandemic
Farid Kamil sentenced to 13 months in prison
The actor is found guilty of using criminal force on a police officer
Henry Golding calls out Miss Universe Malaysia's racist remarks
Even the "Crazy Rich Asians" star is angered by Samantha Katie James' comments
See All News
Select Area / All Area
Select Cinema / All Cinemas
Select Movie / All Movies
Using a smaller screen?
Click here to view our old desktop layout.
- General viewing for all ages
- Parental guidance is advisable for children below 13 years old
- For 18+ with elements for mature audiences
[View full list]
You can now proceed to book tickets at Legend Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.