ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” The Good, the Bad and the Classical Parody:
• Fans of the original Jane Austen novel might be furious about the existence of this adaptation which seems to make fun of the original version, but oddly enough, the adaptation stays true to the original novel - it just has some zombies thrown in.
• The general plotline and even some dialogues follows the original novel, it just has a lot of action and gore in it, which makes it even more entertaining and fun.
• The film is a great way to get today's generation to appreciate classic novels, as it is mixed with elements of recent hit shows like "The Walking Dead".
• Although the title sounds like a bad B-movie, every action scene, costumes and acting performances from the main and supporting cast, are amazingly well thought out.
• Overall, the retelling of Jane Austen's classic novel in this zombie humour movie is a fun entertainment that has a great blend of drama, romance, comedy and action. Trivia:
• During the shooting of the film, Lily James had a scene where she had to stomp on one of the fake zombie heads in an area filled with zombies. However, she accidentally stomped on one of the extra's head instead.Cinema Online, 15 February 2016