The story, which is based on the true events that occurred on an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico, tells of the courage of those who worked on the Deepwater Horizon. An explosion on the offshore drilling rig caused what is now known as the worst oil spill in U.S. history.
: English / Malay / Chinese
: 29 Sep 2016
: Action / Drama / Thriller
1 Hour 47 Minutes
: GSC Movies
: Peter Berg
: 2D, 2D ATMOS
Watch this if you liked:
The Good, the Bad and the Oil Rig Explosion:
• Based on the 2010 Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the movie will literally blow you away with its harrowing tale of survival and heroic performances.
• The movie did a realistically wonderful job at portraying the worst oil spill in US history, and not to mention, it is educational for those who weren't aware of the incident.
• Mark Wahlberg is one of those actors who can effortlessly deliver both funny and serious roles perfectly and convincingly, and his role in this film is no different.
• An oil rig was specially built for this movie, and it has been coined as the largest set piece ever built.
Cinema Online, 04 October 2016
SeaShorts Film Festival 2020 to be held online
This year's edition will run in a virtual capacity when the film festival returns this August
Studio Ghibli's first CG-animated film selected by Cannes Film Festival
Details on the new Hayao Miyazaki film now emerge after kept secret since 2019
Tom Cruise to build a village so "Mission: Impossible 7" can resume filming?
Production on the movie was halted earlier this year due to the pandemic
Farid Kamil sentenced to 13 months in prison
The actor is found guilty of using criminal force on a police officer
Henry Golding calls out Miss Universe Malaysia's racist remarks
Even the "Crazy Rich Asians" star is angered by Samantha Katie James' comments
Is Evan Peters reprising Quicksilver role for "WandaVision"?
Peters is well known for his portrayal of the speedy superhero in "X-Men" movies
See All News
Select Area / All Area
Select Cinema / All Cinemas
Select Movie / All Movies
Using a smaller screen?
Click here to view our old desktop layout.
- General viewing for all ages
- Parental guidance is advisable for children below 13 years old
- For 18+ with elements for mature audiences
[View full list]
You can now proceed to book tickets at Legend Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.