Movie Details

The Farm: En Veettu Thottathil

Inspired by the popular tale of Red Riding Hood, this Malaysian Tamil slasher film, which gives a dark twist to the story, tells of the painful journey of a girl.

Language: Tamil
Subtitle: English / Malay
Classification: 18
General Release Date: 28 Sep 2017
Genre: Thriller
Running Time: 2 Hours 7 Minutes
Distributor: S Cape Imagination
Cast: Jaya Ganason, Mohana Raj, Mahessan Poobalan, KS Maniam
Director: Karthik Shamalan
Format: 2D



"You may only select up to 5 movies for the My Favourite Movies list. Please remove movie(s) from My Favourite Movies list if you wish to select a new title."
Review
Writer: Cinnamon Lion

Writer Ratings:
Overall: 3.5 Out of 5
Cast: 3.5 Out of 5
Plot: 3.5 Out of 5
Effects: 3.5 Out of 5
Cinematography: 4.0 Out of 5

Watch this if you liked: “Saw”, “Red Riding Hood”

The Good, the Bad and the Big Bad Wolf :

• A refreshing - albeit grittier and more twisted - take on the well-known fairy tale, Little Red Riding Hood.

• Despite featuring newcomers, the cast delivers a stellar performance on the big screen, be it the hearing-impaired heroine, the disturbing but remorseful guard, or the crazed villain.

• One of the highlights of the movie is the chase scene between the girl and the wolf, the camera work was finely crafted so that the audience will feel like they are part of the maze itself instead of someone from the outside looking in.

• This makes the movie more immersive, the audience never knowing what to expect next.

• While the sound effects could be jarring at times, the movie does deliver memorable tracks, one of them being the background song for the romantic sequence featuring the girl and her love interest.

• The movie has an interesting concept, commenting on the many faces put by men in front of the opposite gender and how women are oblivious to the fact. It gives the audience a little something to digest even after leaving the cinema.

• Although it is a slasher thriller film, those who get queasy at the sight of blood and gore will be able to bear through this relatively fine as most of the violent acts are portrayed off scene, showing only enough to the audience to convey what was happening (the blood being brown instead of red-tinted also helps in somewhat easing the audience into the blood-soaked scenes).

• Definitely an interesting departure from the usual genres local movies tend to delve into.


Trivia:

• The antagonist actor had to put on 27kg to realistically portray the character.

• Only 30% of the movie consists of dialogues, the other 70% is made up of action.

• The maze-like set has 33 doors in total and it was built in the director's backyard.

Cinema Online, 27 September 2017




 
 
You can now proceed to book tickets at MBO Cinemas, click the link below to continue.
Ok      Cancel
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.
You can now proceed to book tickets at Premium-X Cinemas, click the link below to continue.
Ok      Cancel
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.
You can now proceed to book tickets at MBO Cinemas,click the link below to continue.
Ok      Cancel
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.