Jay Zulkarnain is an assault leader for Malaysia`s elite and deadly special force known as the UTK (Unit Tindakan Khas), and he and his squad of operatives are every terrorist`s worst nightmare. However, a mysterious terrorist has framed Jay for the murder of one of his squad members, and has also captured his sister Dian, who is an undercover agent. To save her sister, Jay must race against time to unravel the secret and reason as to why this terrorist is trying to destroy him.
: 2 Mar 2017
: Action / Drama
1 Hour 40 Minutes
: Primeworks Studios
: Zul Ariffin, Izara Aishah,
, Azad Jasmin,
: Zul Azhar
Watch this if you liked:
The Good, the Bad and the Elite Troop:
• As one of the most anticipated local action films of 2017, many presumed that the film will turn into yet another success, becoming a huge phenomenon like "Polis Evo" back in 2015.
• However, even though the film is supposed to be an action flick, it is lacking in action as it doesn't have a lot of scenes that we usually see in police-themed movies like for example; shooting scenes, chasing scenes or even fighting scenes.
• The film focuses more on the family drama and conflict between the two main leads, which doesn't really match the subject matter of the movie.
• Nevertheless, praises should be given to director Zulkarnaian Azhar for highlighting the Malaysian UTK (Unit Tindakhas), an elite unit of the police force similar to the SWAT team - as they are rarely portrayed for the screen.
• The acting in this movie is good in terms of the emotion and body language of the cast, but the drama aspect does not balance well with the main theme of the movie which was expected to be a full-on action film.
Cinema Online, 28 February 2017
Tom Cruise to build a village so "Mission: Impossible 7" can resume filming?
Production on the movie was halted earlier this year due to the pandemic
Farid Kamil sentenced to 13 months in prison
The actor is found guilty of using criminal force on a police officer
Reen Rahim expresses excitement over working with 'otai' comedians
"Syif Malam Raya" is the actress' latest film, which made its premiere recently
Henry Golding calls out Miss Universe Malaysia's racist remarks
Even the "Crazy Rich Asians" star is angered by Samantha Katie James' comments
Is Evan Peters reprising Quicksilver role for "WandaVision"?
Peters is well known for his portrayal of the speedy superhero in "X-Men" movies
That viral 'Fizi scene' in "Upin Ipin" was intentional
Les' Copaque said that it was based on children's way of thinking in real life
See All News
Select Area / All Area
Select Cinema / All Cinemas
Select Movie / All Movies
Using a smaller screen?
Click here to view our old desktop layout.
- General viewing for all ages
- Parental guidance is advisable for children below 13 years old
- For 18+ with elements for mature audiences
[View full list]
You can now proceed to book tickets at Legend Cinema, click the link below to continue.
You are now leaving Cinema Online's website.