ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Jason Bourne” The Good, the Bad and the Young Assassin:
• Casting the attractive Dylan O'Brien as the lead is definitely no mistake. Not only is the "Maze Runner" actor charming, young, and talented, he also has the potential to grow into a great action star like Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves and Matt Damon.
• Though the story is filled with cliches, as one would expect from an action thriller, the result is still satisfyingly enjoyable thanks to the thrilling action sequences featuring several great and interesting characters like Keaton, Kitsch and more.
• Nevertheless, some of the one-dimensional suporting characters don't seem to get much attention and justification for their purpose which is quite a shame.
• The "American Assassin" journey is pretty much an enjoyable ride, but the climactic scene might render some to feel it to be a bit too forceful. Nevertheless, the movie seems to pave way for more instalments (maybe bigger and better), so this should definitely be on every action fan's watch list. Trivia:
• The lead role was first offered to "Thor" actor Chris Hemsworth but he refused the part due to scheduling conflicts.Cinema Online, 18 September 2017