ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Fast and Furious” series The Good, the Bad and the Furious:
• What started as a simple, small budget street-racing film has now evolved over the past sixteen years to become a box-office behemoth, which is probably one of Hollywood's very few successful non-superhero franchises.
• Fueled by a staggering amount of star power and crowd-pleasing scenes, the movie is undoubtedly a fantastic spectacle and a treat to watch as it is filled with two-hours plus of ludicrous high octane action.
• Despite the stunts being ridiculously insane and illogical (in terms of physics), the action sequences are at least nicely executed, coupled with a bit of comedy and emotional drama thrown in here and there.
• The movie even goes back to how it originally started by including some good old-fashioned street-racing scenes, and there's also an appearance from an unexpected guest (no, we don't mean Paul Walker).
• With the addition of Charlize Theron to the cast, the movie finally gets a villain that's worth mentioning as her character is menacing, seductive and manipulative, and even after seven films, she still manages to bring something new to the franchise. Trivia:
• It has been said that the movie is done in honour of Paul Walker's wish for the movie to go back to street racing instead of relying on special effects and huge action sequences. Like Vin Diesel said during the 2015 MTV Movie Awards, "Furious 7" (2015) was for Paul and "Furious 8" will be from Paul".Cinema Online, 13 April 2017