ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Despicable Me”, “Despicable Me 2” and “Minions” The Good, the Bad and the Other Evil Twin:
• This third instalment doesn't exactly live up to the first two movies, but there are still a lot of things to love about the threequel regardless if you're a kid or on adult.
• The movie is overflowing with cuteness, colourful characters and hugely enjoyable sight gags. The only missing element is probably the lessened emotional content.
• The minions are still as funny and adorable as usual, and the great thing is, they don't dominate the film.
• Though the characters are all so quirky and hilarious in their own way, there seem to be no proper character developments from them.
• Gru's new twin brother Dru is as delightful as Gru, and the relationship between the two long-lost siblings was handled and portrayed a lot better than expected.
• New villain Balthazar Bratt was extremely annoying and boring though, even more so than Vector from the first "Despicable Me" movie.
• The movie is not as sharp as the original film, but it is still filled with plenty of fun and cuteness! Trivia:
• Agnes's voice actress Elsie Fisher from the first and second movies was replaced by Nev Scharrel due to Fisher getting too old for the role.Cinema Online, 20 June 2017