ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Saving Private Ryan” The Good, the Bad and the Conscientious Objector:
• The movie is touted as Mel Gibson grand comeback, and will be mentioned in the same sentence as amazing war films like "Apocalypse Now", "Platoon" and "Saving Private Ryan".
• Consisting the elements of family, faith, love and forgiveness all put to the test in an arena of violent conflict, the movie is a sterling modern war picture with an intriguing moral twist.
• The movie is extremely simplistic, but at the same time, it provides depth of drama and character.
• The battle scenes in the film are among the most violent captured on screen as it provides so much graphic details without holding back, but it is very justified to give the violent impact that Gibson is trying to portray.
• Andrew Garfield truly embodies the role of Desmond T. Doss perfectly, delivering a very fine performance and moving away from his days as Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider-Man". Trivia:
• According to director Mel Gibson, Desmond T. Doss's son Desmond Jr. attended the screening and was moved tears by Andrew Garfield's accurate portrayal of his dad.Cinema Online, 26 January 2017